1. Armies and Security in the Middle East and North Africa: A Reader. Comp. Makhmutov T. A., Mamedov R. Sh., Pylova O. A. Moscow: RIAC, 2019. — 268 p. (in Russian).
2. Armies in the Modern East. Ed. Strel'tsov D. V. Moscow: Aspekt Press, 2018. — 384 с. (in Russian).
3. Army and Power in the Middle East: From Authoritarianism to Democracy. Collected Papers. Ed. V. M. Akhmedov. Moscow: Institute of Israel and Middle East, 2002. — 400 p. (in Russian).
4. Akhmedov V. M. Army and Power in the Near and Middle East in the Era of Globalization and Modernization. Analytical report. Moscow: MGIMO University MID RF, 2006. No. 5(10)b. Pp. 17–24 (in Russian).
5. Akhmedov V. M. Officers in the Socio-Political Life of the Middle East. Officer Corps of the Middle East States. Collected Papers. Moscow: Institute of Israel and Middle East, 2004. Pp. 3–23 (in Russian).
6. Akhmedov V. M. The Modern Middle East. New and Contemporary History. 2012. No. 2. Pp. 23–44 (in Russian).
7. Akhmedov V. M. Socio-Political Processes in the Arab Countries of the Middle East. Moscow: Gumanitarii, 2008. — 108 p. (in Russian).
8. Vasil'ev A. D. Army in the Socio-Political Life of Turkey. Problems of Oriental Studies. 2009, No. (4)46. Pp. 70–90 (in Russian).
9. Mirskii G. I. The Role of the Army in the Political Life of the “Third World”. Moscow: Nauka, 1989. — 198 p. (in Russian).
10. Truevtsev K. M. The Middle East: Conflict Morphology and Post-Conflict Design. Contours of Global Transformations: Politics, Economics, Law. 2017, No. 10(2). Pp. 143–166 (in Russian).
11. Be’eri E. The Warning of the Military in Coup Politics. Middle Eastern Studies, 1982. Vol. 18, No. 3. Pp. 69–81.
12. Cordesman A. Saudi Security and the War on Terrorism: Internal Security Operations, Law Enforcement, Internal Threats, and the Need for Change. CSIS. Washington, 2002. — 126 p.
13. Rubin B. The Military in Contemporary Middle East Politics. Armed Forces in the Middle East. Politics and Strategy. Eds. Rubin B., Keaney T. A. London: Frank Class, 2002. Pp. 1–22.
14. Zimmerman E. Toward a Casual Model of Military in Coups d’état. Armed Forces and Society, 1979. Vol. 5. No. 3. Pp. 23–25.